- Electrical surge events can cause disastrous consequences: from damage or destruction of expensive components and machines to breakdown of complete automation systems—not including risks to personnel.
- Over voltages are still one of the most common causes of damage in electrical plant engineering. They primarily occur due to lightning strikes or switching operations, but also due to the following causes:
- Electrostatic discharge
- Brush fire of large electric machines
- Fluctuations in power supply
- Ground faults/short circuits
- Triggering fuses
- Parallel installation of energy and information technology control systems
- Pepperl+Fuchs‘ surge protection modules reliably divert surges and currents to ground and protect people and machines against possible negative consequences.
- Devices for signal line protection, supply line protection, fieldbus, and wireless solutions.
Signal line protection
- Devices for signal line protection reliably protect measurement and control signals in interface technology against overvoltages—in both field level and I/O level of control systems.
- Modules for DIN Rail Mounting simply snap onto the DIN rail. The grounding occurs via the grounded rail.
- Screw Modules for Field Devices sturdy metal housings with different thread versions to fit into various field device housings.
- Plug-in Modules for K-System simply plug into the K-System housing, safely grounded via a grounding bar
Supply line protection
- AC surge protection barriers protect main power supplies with 30/115/230 Volts against destructive power surges. The pluggable modules feature front-sided indicators delivering operating state and error message outputs ensuring a quick and easy maintenance. Due to the hot-swap technology, the M-LB AC surge protection modules can be replaced without any tools.
- Depending on intensity and frequency of lightning strikes, surge protectors may lose functionality after one or several hundred voltage spikes. Certainly after each lightning strike and at least annually, surge protector functionality requires validation. Validation is often a manual and labor-intensive process. This work can be eliminated entirely with FieldConnex® Surge Protectors.
- FieldConnex® Surge Protectors are available with optional integrated diagnostics. They indicate the end of their useful life via Advanced Diagnostics. A message in the control room indicates the affected spur. The LED of the surge protector indicates locally, which module requires replacement.
- Surge Protector W-ACC-SP-NF-NF
- For broadband operation between 2 GHz and 6 GHz
- Space-saving, inline design
- N socket to N socket