- Pepperl+Fuchs offers a broad portfolio of electrical equipment and solutions for installation and control of machinery and electrical networks in harsh environments and explosion hazardous areas.
- Various types of protection and enclosure variants along with a high level of flexibility allow the design of the most efficient control and distribution solutions for any application and industrial environment.
Terminal and Junction Boxes
- Terminal boxes and junction boxes for the installation of signal and power distribution networks in explosion hazardous areas. Certified according to the latest ATEX and other international standards. Types of explosion protection include Ex e, Ex ia, Ex tb, and Ex op pr.
- Select from many enclosure sizes and material options such as glass fiber reinforced polyester (GRP) and electro-polished stainless steel guarantee for reliable operation even in very harsh environments or in locations with increased hygienic requirements.
- A large selection of terminal and cable gland types and accessories enable any build according to user specification with optimal fit to any application requirements.
- Terminal and Junction Boxes come with suitable ingress protection and wide ambient temperature ranges.
- For operation and monitoring of electrical circuits and machinery in harsh or explosion hazardous environments, versatile control units can be equipped with up to four operator elements.
- A multitude of control functions are available such as pushbuttons, LED indicators, control switches, potentiometers, and ammeters. Three product series are available in the types of explosion protection Ex e and Ex tb.
- Suitable ingress protection and ambient temperature ranges as well as durable enclosure materials such as glass fiber reinforced polyester GRP, electropolished stainless steel, and polyamide ensure safe and long-term operation.
- For efficient operation and monitoring of multiple electrical circuits and machinery in explosion hazardous areas, control stations can be tailored to exactly meet application requirements.
- Two control station product series are available, certified according to the types of explosion protection Ex e, Ex ib, and Ex tb. Up to 81 operator elements covering various control functions can be integrated in a single control station, depending on enclosure size and series.
- Suitable ingress protection and ambient temperature ranges and durable enclosure materials like glass fiber reinforced polyester (GRP) and electro-polished stainless steel guarantee reliable operation even in very harsh environments or in locations with increased hygienic requirements.
Control and Distribution Panels
- A wide range of solutions for distribution and control in hazardous areas can be designed based on sturdy flameproof enclosures and appropriately certified operating elements.
- Control and distribution panels can contain any kind of electrical equipment or modules for automation of production processes. Each solution is customized exactly to meet the requirements of the specific application.
- Each solution will is shipped with full documentation and ready for commissioning.
Switch Disconnectors and Safety Switches
- Switch disconnectors and safety switches in Ex e and Ex tb areas allow the safe disconnection of machines and equipment without the need for specially trained staff.
- Supporting a maximum current of 25 A or 40 A, these switches are suited for gas and dust explosion hazardous areas (Zones 1, 2, 21, and 22).
- Due to a wide range of configuration options, they exactly meet individual switching requirements.
- Switches available with either 3, 4, or 6 main contacts as well as with various auxiliary contact configurations.
- Threefold pad-lockable rotary actuators reliably protect personnel during maintenance work.
- The flameproof enclosure series EJB and GUB form the basis for the design of control and distribution solutions for hazardous areas - from small terminal boxes through control stations to sophisticated control and distribution panels for complex machinery and major applications.
- The explosion protection types Ex d and Ex tb allow the use of instrumentation not designed for dangerous environments in gas or dust explosion hazardous areas as well as in harsh or corrosive atmospheres.
- Appropriately certified operating elements covering various control functions can be integrated. The various instrument housings of the S* series are used for explosion-protected operation of small electronic devices or signal converters.