Quick, reliable and cost-effective detection of combustible gases and vapours in the ambient air: the microprocessor-based transmitter is the result of more than 40 years of experience in measurement technology. In addition, the Polytron 8200 can also be integrated into your digital fieldbus system, thus providing additional diagnostic functions.
Simple Instrument Management Thanks to Digital Communication
With its HART® ability, the Draeger Polytron 8200 allows remote access using the Draeger PolySoft software for the quick and convenient evaluation of the instrument status. Integration in existing management systems (e.g. PactWare) is also possible using DTM. In addition, fieldbus systems such as Foundation Fieldbus or Profibus are supported by corresponding interfaces.
– QUICK AND STABLE
The integrated type DD gas sensor functions according to the heat-ofcombustion principle. You’ll be surprised by its long-term stability as well as by its poison resistance which is just as excellent – some of the reasons for its increased life time. Thanks to the innovative gas access design, the sensor responds to gas within seconds. This allows you to quickly take counter-measures, thus preventing a potentially explosive atmosphere.
Proven - And Still Getting Better: Draeger Measurement Technology
Draeger has been developing and manufacturing sensors and gas detectors for industrial use for more than 40 years. And with each new instrument generation, we drive our measurement technology a bit further. With the Polytron 8200, you will definitely benefit from this experience and power of innovation. For the more sophisticated DraegerSensor Ex...DD is also traditionally manufactured by Draeger.
Also available with Draeger Sensor EX LC
Same design, same operating principle: The Polytron 8000 series
The Draeger Polytron 8200 is part of the Polytron 8000 series. All transmitters of this series have the same design and user interface, which guarantees a uniform operating philosophy. Your advantage: less training requirement and easier maintenance.
Other transmitters of the Polytron 8000 series:
- Draeger Polytron 8100 (EC stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8310 (DSIR stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8700 (PIR 7000 stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8720 (PIR 7200 stationary gas detector)
Draeger Polytron 8200
- Explosion proof enclosure
- Large backlit LCD display
- 3/4” NPT Entry ports (2)
- Non-intrusive set-up & calibration
- Catbead sensor / 0-10% LEL or 0-100% LEL
Optional: Three Relays for Controlling External Equipment
On request, the Draeger Polytron 8200 can be equipped with three integrated relays. This enables you to use it as an independent gas detection system with two arbitrarily adjustable concentration alarms and one fault alarm. Audio alarms, signal lights, or similar devices can, thus, be controlled locally – without an additional cable between the transmitter and a central controller. The sensor signal can be evaluated using the 4 to 20 mA signal.
Optional: Two Mounting Sets for Easy Flange-Mounting
The housing has four mounting holes. Two different mounting sets are available for installing the Polytron 8200: a duct-mount and a pipe-mount set. This means that the transmitter can be easily installed anywhere – e.g., on a smooth wall, a pipe or an exhaust duct.
Quick And Easy Wiring
The electronics and the bezel form a single unit. Simply pull them out of the housing. Then insert the three-wire cable into the terminals. Finally, plug the terminal block into the PCB.
- Easy and cost-effective: one-man calibration
- Available as flameproof or increased safety version
- Aluminium or 316 L stainless steel housing for the most extreme industrial conditions
- Extremely user-friendly software thanks to a minimum number of menu items
- Backlit display: easy to read, even in the dark and without a flash light
- Traffic light status indicator (green = no danger, yellow = error, flashing red = gas alarm)
- Can also be used as an early warning system (0–10% LEL) for ammonia
- Matrix display allows the flexible setting of measuring ranges and units
- DD version: SIL 2 certified by the German TÜV Süd
- Additional Information
Download Polytron.8200.lit.ETA.0916.pdf Download2 No Download3 No Send inquiry? Yes